Saturday, April 26, 2014

WOW! (04/26/2014)
Time flies.  I haven't posted for quite some time as there hasn't been much to say.  I'm still driving my wonderful 914EV.  I commute to work most days with it.  I now have over 33,300 trouble free EV miles driven.  It's been almost 4 years now and the car still puts a hugh smile on my face whenever I drive it.

After 33,300+ miles, my batteries have lost approximately 7% capacity.  In the beginning after a bottom balance, I was getting 194Ah out of my slightly undercharged pack.  Last month 03/01/2014,  after my bottom balancing, I only got 180Ah.  14/194=.072  I went 120 miles on this trip.

At this rate I should reach my goal of getting 100,000 miles out of my pack.  Stay tuned.



Last year I purchased a Rav4EV 2012 model new from Toyota.  This is a California zero emission compliance car from Toyota and they don't promote it.  2014 will be the last year they produce it.  It is the result of a collaboration between Tesla motors and Toyota.  It's a great car for rainy days and trips to the beach and to Haul my Bike to go Bike riding.  I have a tow bar on the back so I can attach a bike rack.  This car has the 40Kwh pack from Tesla and will go 140 miles if I drive it conservatively.  If not, it goes zero to 60 in 7 seconds.  This car does great burnouts.  Not bad for a soccer mom looking car.  Now if only I could get the wife to drive it.  My daughter loves it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment